From 29 October 2015 to 27 January 2016, the Building Professionals Board exhibited proposals to:
- allow E1 swimming pool certifiers to carry out minor repairs to pool barriers to make pools safer, more quickly
- reduce the accreditation fee for E1 applicants
- require E1 certifiers to undertake six hours of continuing professional development each year.
As a result of the feedback received during the consultation, it was decided to:
- allow E1, A1, A2 and A3 certifiers to carry out minor repairs (maximum $1,000) provided they are currently authorised under the Home Building Act to carry out swimming pool building or structural landscaping.
- ensure the minor works can only be carried out to bring the swimming pool into compliance with the Swimming Pools Act 1992 for the purpose of issuing a certificate of compliance under that Act
- ensure minor works are carried out as expeditiously as possible
- reduce the accreditation and renewal fee for category E1 to $750.