This website is provided and maintained by the Building Professionals Board. This privacy statement sets out our practices relating to the privacy of your personal information. Our privacy practices are regulated by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988. The Board does not have any responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to from this site.
What is personal information?
What is not personal information?
- can be found in a publicly available publication (such as a newspaper or book)
- is in a public register
- relates to someone’s suitability for public sector employment
- is about people that have been dead for more than 30 years
- relates to some types of law enforcement and investigation activities
- is allowed to be disclosed under another piece of legislation.
- name (including title)
- email (if provided)
- internet protocol (IP) address (if the submission is made online)
- any other personal information contained in a political donations disclosure statement (if provided)
How will your personal information be used?
We will publish online:
- Your submission
- Your name (unless you state that you want your name withheld)
- Your suburb
- Any political donations disclosure statement.
If you email us, we will only retain and use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you have provided it. It will not be added to a mailing list without your consent.
Website visitor data
To help us improve our website and provide better services to visitors, we log the following information:
- a user's service address
- a user's top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk)
- the address of your server
- the date and time of your visit to the site.
We will not collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above except in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files that are not published on these pages
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on this site
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of this site by other sites
- attempts to intercept messages or other users of the site
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the site by other users
- any other circumstances permitted under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988.
Right of access to information
Under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998, you have the right to access personal information that the Building Professionals Board holds. If you would like to make a request to access or change the information held by the Building Professionals Board, please contact us.