The Board's Accreditation Scheme now recognises:
- bachelor and master degrees and graduate diplomas in building surveying from approved providers, for accreditation as a category A1, A2 or A3 certifier
- the new Advanced Diploma of Building Surveying (CPC60115) from approved providers, for accreditation as a category A2 or A3 certifier
- the new Skill Set (CPCSS00004) from approved providers, for accreditation as a category A3 certifier
- all associate degrees in building surveying from approved providers, for accreditation as a category A3 certifier.
Courses and providers are approved by the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency or Australian Skills Quality Authority.
Students: you're now eligible to become a certifier
If you're currently studying or intend to study one of the above courses, you're encouraged to apply for accreditation as a certifier when you graduate.
Builders: thinking of becoming a certifier?
- The new Advanced Diploma (CPC60115) and Skill Set (CPCSS00004) are the recommended pathway for builders and tradespeople to become accredited as an A3 certifier.
- As an A3 certifier, you'll approve, inspect and certify developments that are class 1 and 10 under the Building Code of Australia and meet its deemed-to-satisfy provisions.
- Under supervision, you'll also be able to carry out inspections at the level of an A2 certifier, including class 2-9 buildings up to a certain size.
- Gaining experience as an A3 certifier will allow you to work up to A1 accreditation if desired.
- Requirements for accreditation as a certifier
- Find an approved provider for your building surveying degree or graduate diploma
- Advanced Diploma of Building Surveying (CPC60115)
- Skill Set (CPCSS00004)
- NSW Government Gazette notice of amendments to the Building Professionals Board Accreditation Scheme (from page 1989 of notice)