Lessons identified from audits has been updated with more advice for certifiers about:
- who can apply for a construction, complying development or occupation certificate
- what documents are required with applications
- using checklists to develop application forms
- reducing your liability.
Go to lessons identified from audits and click 'lessons identified when assessing applications' for more information.
Previous BPBulletins also provide advice about applications for certificates:
- Only the person who can appoint a PCA can apply for a construction certificate (September 2010 BPBulletin).
- An application for an occupation certificate can’t be submitted at the same time as an application for a construction certificate (October 2011 BPBulletin).
- Certifiers must provide council with certain information about each construction certificate and complying development certificate issued (October 2009 BPBulletin).
- Plans/ specifications approved by a construction certificate should include a reference to that certificate (December 2008 BPBulletin).