The Building Professionals Board issues practice advice to promote best practice and assist certifiers in meeting their statutory obligations.
- Specifying suitably qualified professionals in subdivision plans and consents (practice advice 15-001)
- Preparation of notice of intention to give an order under EP&A Act (practice advice 13-001)
- Component certificates (practice advice 11-007)
- Complying development - site inspection (practice advice 11-006)
- Tenure of the PCA (practice advice 11-005)
- Existing exits (practice advice 11-004)
- Fire safety schedules (practice advice 11-002)
- Section A of the BCA (practice advice 11-001)
- BASIX: the certifier's role (September 2011)
- Signs on development sites (August 2010)
- Insurance required by accredited certifiers (August 2007)
- Avoiding and managing complaints about development (October 2011)
- Commencement of EP&A Amendment Act 2012 (March 2013)
- Premises Standards practice advice: national Disability (Access to Premises — Buildings) Standards 2010
- How to avoid and manage development complaints
- Lessons identified from audits
- Complaints and appeals case studies
- FAQ: including, among other topics, questions about written contracts and about swimming pool certification.
- Previous BPBulletins (e-news) - tip: use this website's search function to find practice advice in previous newsletters
- Archive section: includes Guiding Development: better outcomes (practice notes issued 1999-2001), and summaries of complaints and investigations (2010-13).
There is also information on each page under 'Certifier's role' in the main navigation menu. Also, search this website for advice in previous newsletters.
Tip: use this website's search function to find advice in previous newsletters.